MBA(Tech) is the one of the first Btech-MBA dual degree course in India by Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS). There are certain things which every MBA(Tech) student can relate to….
1. Naya Course Hain ?? It was launched in 2004, six batches have passed out , still people aren’t aware of such a course. Sad but true, people consider their unawareness as non-existence of something !!
2. People ask you questions like “4 years for engineering and 1 year for MBA !! or 3 years engineering and 2 years MBA ” Ya, because they have no idea what integrated course means 😉
3. So you consider yourself as an Engineer or MBA grad ?
None of them, we call ourselves “Techno managers” !!
4. BTech students will think that MBA Tech is very easy and our exam papers are “Chindi” as compared to theirs As per our syllabus, the papers are fine. Maybe the technical papers are set leniently at times to compensate for the upcoming management papers and their checking.
5. We are awesome time managers and can easily manage even 14 subjects in a trimester Not to forget the presentations, assessments , research project
6. You are MPSTME not SBM ! We get to hear this often , from our faculties, placement department and other “smart” students. But during the research project and internship evaluations, we are expected to perform like IIMs, IBSs,etc!! Weird 😉
7. Why MBA(Tech) ? Some or the other time , we’ll come across this question by people, or we ask ourselves. A very difficult question to answer though…. 😉
8. Campus to Corporate, Corporate to Campus We are given Campus to Corporate training before our 5- 6 months management internship. The internship period is the best time for some( first income, good exposure, and projects) and worst for some !! But as soon as we get accustomed to the corporate world, Boom, Back to Campus.. Final Year !!
9. Techie job or a managerial one, or a mix !! In the end students are confused to take up a technical, managerial or techno-managerial job… or take risk and be an entrepreneur. Ultimately they will realize what’s best for them.
10. We won’t realize when the 5 years fly by !! Five years is a long duration for a course, but we don’t realize that college’s gonna end soon and wish to capture and relive every single moment, memory and events….
Straight From My Heart,